Follow Me

Tuesday, November 19, 2013

Glad I Waited

I got my first "glam bag" last month.  After being on the wait list for more than a month and a half, I was BEYOND excited to get my bag in the mail.  I was not impressed when I got my first Ipsy "glam bag".  When I signed up, I completed a profile of my likes, dislikes, what I use and don't use, etc...  My first bag had all the things I don't use and won't use.  Such a let down :(  I considered canceling then and there but I had waited so long to get off the wait list that I figured I'd see what the next month had in store.  THANK GOODNESS I didn't cancel!  Novembers bag was exactly the reason I signed up for this particular "beauty box"(bag really).
November Glam Bag from Ipsy (not pictured Nail Polish)

Bad lighting, I know.  Bear with me!  I'm not crazy about the color of the eyeshadow from BHcosmetics "Aphrodite" which is a metallic pink/red, however I'm excited to try their product because I've heard great reviews about them prior to receiving this months goods.  I was also excited to try out my Pixi bronzer but it broke into a powdery mess before I got a chance.  Not Cool!  There were two lipsticks in this bag which is pretty cool because I just started wearing lipstick so I'm excited to try these as well.  EM by Michelle Phan is to die for.  I got "nude" and it truly matches my lip color.  This stuff is moisturizing, glossy and amazing.  Love Love Love.  The other lip color I got is a fire engine red color from Be A...Bombshell called Hot Damn.  Love the name, love the color on.  I'm not a normal wearer or red lipsticks, but I will definitely make this my go to when I do venture out of my comfort zone.  It's a lip crayon - it doesn't bleed which is HUGE for such a bright color.  Whoever is behind this is a genius.  Also in this bag is a metallic silver eyeliner from Starlooks called Topaz.  Another product I don't normally mess with - I like my basic black liner, but this is so cool.  It literally glides on and is actually metallic.  Maybe I'll switch it up next time I go out for a night on the town :)  Last but certainly not least is a nail polish by Nailtini called Champagne.  I tried it on my two year old daughter because I wear gel polish and just got my nails done.  The color is very pretty and light.  It's a very light bronze/metallic color.  Sophie (the daughter) isn't around right now or I would take a picture of her most adorable hands to showcase the color.

All in all, I would say I got an amazing bag this month.  I cannot wait to try out some new looks with the products included.  I'll share a post when I do - be sure to check back!

xoxo
Kristin

No comments :

Post a Comment