Follow Me

Tuesday, August 27, 2013

My Mascara Review

I know at this day and age, us ladies are supposed to be happy and comfortable in our own skin, but Come On! Who is actually 100% happy with themselves all the time? I can't think of anyone. One thing I'm not totally happy with are my eyelashes. They are thin, not too long and straight...and I cannot for the life of me get them to curl. Suffice it to say, I'm always on the lookout for a new mascara. I feel like I've tried them all. My two absolute favorites are Volum' Express The Falsies Flared in Blackest Black by Maybelline (I was NOT born with it) and False Lashes in Extreme Black by MAC . On a side note, these are MY reviews. What does or doesn't work for me may be completely different than you. Right now, I'm using False Lashes by MAC. It seems to be the mascara I always go back to when I've tried something that doesn't work. The pigmentation is beyond great and is a true black...some mascaras have a grayish tint to their black mascaras. The wand has a tapered brush so you don't hit your eyelid as you go close to your nose and it's packaged in a really cool tube. I know you shouldn't judge a book by it's cover, but I do love the way this one looks.
Again, these are my thoughts and what works and doesn't work for me. I tried Eyeko London Mascara Wardrobe - based on all their rave reviews. I was underwhelmed. It almost seemed like it was too heavy for my lashes and weighed them down more than normal. I also tried Origins GinZing Brightening Mascara ...again, underwhelmed. This one I had the biggest issue with. Not only did it weigh my lashes down, but it didn't look like I was wearing mascara after the first layer was on. Maybe I'm spoiled because I'm used to MAC and Maybelline needing only one layer but Origins just didn't do it for me. I could very well be in the minority on this because this is another one that got great reviews, but I just wasn't crazy about it.
What are some of your favorites? I'd love to hear from you all!

No comments :

Post a Comment